Data is the fundamental part of every chart and it directly affects the entire visualization process. It is important to have a clear insight and control of your data at any times. In Charts, you can upload your own data before creating a chart and during chart customization.
Before uploading data make sure your dataset is preprocessed and ready for visualization.
Upload data when creating a new chart
- Go to Home.
- In the upper-right corner, click the add icon .
- Click Upload data.
- Click browse to select the file from your computer. or
Paste your data in Paste your copied data here… field. or
Drag and drop the file from your computer anywhere on the screen.
Note: Charts supports CSV, XLS, and XLSX file extensions.
- Review your data in the review window, change the title of your chart, and click Next.
- Select a chart type that works best for your dataset and click Next.
- If needed, click the transpose icon to rearrange columns and rows, and click Create chart.
Upload data to an existing chart
Charts allows you to upload your own data to an existing chart.
- When viewing the chart you want to update, click Edit in the upper-right corner.
- On Edit page, click the upload icon next to Data at the bottom of page.
- If you want to update just the data in the chart, without changing the look and feel of the chart itself, click Update CSV. If you want to create a brand new chart from scratch, click Upload CSV.
Note: If you clicked Upload CSV, you will need to complete steps 3-6 mentioned in the guide above.