In Charts, data are organized in rows and columns, but you can transpose it by switching columns and rows. This will result in data in rows switching places with data in columns.
You can transpose data in two instances:
- While creating a new chart by uploading your data
- While editing existing chart data
Transpose data while creating a new chart
- Go to Home.
- In the upper-right corner, click the add icon .
- Click Upload data.
- Click browse to select the file from your computer. or
Paste your data in Paste your copied data here… field. or
Drag and drop the file from your computer anywhere on the screen.
Note: Charts supports CSV, XLS, and XLSX file extensions.
- Set the chart name and click the transpose icon in the upper-left corner of data grid to transpose data.
At this point, you can also change the type of columns if needed.
- Click Next.
- Select a chart type and click Next.
- If you're not happy with the chart in the preview window, you can click
transpose the data again and click Create chart.
Transpose data while editing the existing chart data
You can transpose data even after you've created a chart.
- Open the chart you want to edit.
- In the upper-right corner, click Edit.
- In the bottom-right corner, click DATA.
- In the upper-left corner of the data grid, click .
- If you're happy with the result displayed in the preview window, click Transpose. To cancel, click X in the upper-right corner, or press Esc on your keyboard.