Set column data type
All your data are sorted in a grid of columns and rows. Not only can you edit the data in the grid, but you can also change the properties of the grid itself, such as the type of data in each column. There are three types of data you can set for each column of the data: text, number, date.
Set column data type in Chart wizard
After uploading data, Charts will identify data type for all columns in dataset, but you can change column data type duringdata review.
- Below column name, click to access the dropdown menu.
- Choose data type you want to assign to column.
Set column data type in data grid
- Open the chart you want to edit.
- In the upper-right corner, click Edit.
- In the bottom-right corner, click DATA.
- Double click on column header or
Next to column name click the more icon and click Edit column.
- Select new data type from the Data type dropdown.
- Click SAVE.
Converting data type may clear some cell data. This cannot be undone.