Social Explorer data
Social Explorer is a platform containing demographic data from various sources. Data is available through custom made reports and some of them include US Census data, American Community Survey (ACS) data and Election data.
Using Social Explorer data integration you can access comprehensive demographic data on different geography levels and compare data across states, counties and other geography levels.
- Go to Home.
- In the upper-right corner, click the add icon .
- Select Social Explorer.
- Type the name of the survey or choose one from drop-down menu.
- Type the name of the dataset or choose one from drop-down menu.
- Click + to add variables (select a table from dataset, then click checkbox next to the variable name you want to use, and click DONE.)
- Click + to add geography (select geography level, then click checkboxes next to the actual locations from the dropdowns and click ADD when you're done.)
- Click checkbox next to Output data as percentage to turn it on and off.
Enable Output data as percentage when you have counts as share of total. This way your chart will be easier to read.
- Click LOAD.
- In the Name field, type in the name of your chart.
- Click Next.
- Select one of the recommended chart types, or select a chart type you want to use.
- Click Next.
Before actually creating the chart, you can preview it in the Preview window. If your visualization doesn’t look the way you expected, you can try transposing the data. You can even go back to the previous windows if the transpose feature doesn't help.
- When you're happy with the chart preview, click CREATE CHART.